Ability to Pay
Ability to pay is determined through the information provided on the application, pay stubs, benefit statements, previously filed federal tax returns, and credit reports. Financial guidelines are listed below.
- Applicants must have a steady, reliable source of income and demonstrate financial responsibility
- Family can afford to pay the monthly house payments set at approximately 25% of gross monthly income (taxes and insurance included) AND projected monthly utilities (elec/gas & water/sewer)
- Applicants must NOT have filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 yrs
- Applicants must NOT have outstanding collections, liens or judgments that cannot reasonably be paid by the completion of the home build
- Family can potentially save a down payment of $600; $300 to be paid at time of acceptance and $300 upon completion of the home